Register for a Wine Seminar
Wine Seminar Series
Shoreline Lake is launching a new Wine Seminar Series. The idea was to create an informal wine-tasting series where participants can "dip a toe" and learn some useful basics, while having a relaxing time after work, in pleasant surroundings.
Perfect for anyone overwhelmed by, or unfamiliar with, wine, each independent seminar will focus on a practical topic, showcased by the wines provided during the tasting, without needing to make a huge commitment of time or engage in serious study.
Reserve your spot for any of this season's upcoming seminars today!
All seminars in this series are held from 5:30pm-7:00pm at the Lakeside Café on the date indicated.
Note: This is a tentative schedule. Dates and event details subject to change
Seminar #1: Thursday, November 20th - The Grape Juice is Finally Here!
- Primarily a tasting of newly released Beaujolais Nouveau from different negociants
- Timing coincides with traditional release date (3rd Thursday of November) and Thanksgiving
- Includes a quick talk about history, publicity stunts associated with the release (e.g., skydiving & cross-country racing to be the first to offer it in London), popularity, usefulness for pairing with Thanksgiving Dinner, etc.
Photos from Seminar #1 - click an image to view it full size.
Seminar #2: Wednesday, December 3rd - Basic Wine Pairing
Seminar and tasting that takes into account the Holiday Party Season and still includes Hanukkah.
- Basic Principles of Pairing
- Hanukkah-friendly wines
- Holiday-friendly wines
Seminar #3: Wednesday, December 17th - Basic Wine Tasting
Seminar and tasting that takes into account upcoming Christmas & New Year's Holidays
- Basic principles of Wine Tasting
- Tasting progression
- Giving wine as a gift
Seminar #4: Wednesday, January 9th - Basic Wine Preservation
Seminar and tasting regarding storage of post-holiday gifts of wine or leftover wine
- Basic wine preservation
- Do it yourself cellar
- Is it too old to drink?
Seminar #5: Wednesday, January 28th - Basics of Serving Wine
Seminar and tasting that demystifies how wine is served depending on type
- Basics of Decanting
- Fundamentals of serving wine
- Dealing with corked wine
Photos from Seminar #5 - click an image to view it full size.
Seminar #6: Wednesday, February 11th - Wine and Romance
Seminar and tasting that focuses on upcoming Valentine's Day
- Formal wine service in restaurants
- Dessert and fortified wines
- Wine with chocolate
Seminar #7: Thursday, February 26th - US Wine Basics
Seminar and tasting focusing on wines produced in the US
- US wines in general
- Premium US wines
- California vs. Oregon vs. Washington
Seminar #8: Wednesday, March 11th - French Wine Basics
Seminar and tasting on different wines from France
- French wines in general
- Premium French wines
- Demystifying French Wine Making Practices